Sunday 1 February 2015

Brimham Action

I'm trying to keep myself psyched with all the sending going on up north, but it is hard. To help keep me going Ben, Brad, Ian and I went to Brimham.  My skin was feeling it a bit from yesterday, but I got stuck into things anyway.


Brad on Pommel
We started off on the carpark boulders to warm up. Doing all the usual classics up to 6c.  Ben and I had a few goes on the trickier problems here.  I got close to both 7b's but wanted to save my skin.  They should go quickly on the next visit. 

We then moved to the Black Chipper area.  The Titfield Thunderbolt 7b+ was the aim.  Both Ben and I tickled the top, but no cigar today. I now have the beta, so hopefully another one that should go next visit.  As we were in the area, Brad and I ticked Black Chipper Arete,  which was pretty nippy for 7a+.  I pointed Brad at the excellent arete of Rotifer E3 6a** which he nicely Flashed.   I was feeling tired but went to onsight Successor State E4 6b*.  Despite a bit of scrittley rock I climbed through all the hard climbing to the good hold at the top. As I went to run my feet up to finish, cold hands and more scrittle meant as my foot popped I could not hold it and dropped the route. Gutted and my psyche gone we moved on.
Brad on Rotifer
Above and below: me on Successor State


Ben wrapped things up with a good ascent of Red Roof 6c+.  My fingers now feel like I'm pulling on bone, so need to grow some skin back.  Hopefully I'll get to return soon and have a send fest finishing all the things I started.

No comments: