Thursday 6 November 2014

Sladen Roof

The new Lancashire bouldering guide came out recently, and I was tipped off about a couple of local spots that would be worth an hour or so.  After a busy morning, I finally had a couple of hours this afternoon to visit Sladen Roof.  This is a small block between Littleborough and Tod with 4 problems on.  Frustratingly, after a nice dry morning.  It started pissing down when I wanted to go out.  I decided to head out anyway and see what the score was.  It proved worthwhile, as when I got there the main hold on the hardest problem was dry.  With all the other holds being good and positive, it seemed like it would go.  I dried out the edges and used a load of chalk to dry them out enough to hang on and warm up my fingers.  Was I felt warmed up enough I surprised myself by flashing Sladen Roof 7b.  The finishing jugs were soaking, but so big it didn't matter.  I'll probably go back again to tick the whole block and combine it with another venue.


Sladen Roof from Adam Hughes on Vimeo.

No comments: