Friday 28 March 2014

Getting Back In The Swing Of Things

It's all been a bit hard work since coming back after the winter.  I'm no where near as strong as I was before going away, so have been struggling on the boulders.  A few hits to Earl Crag has seen me close to a few classics, with one more visit needed.  Woodhouse has given a couple of good sessions to aid getting stronger, along with the wall (needs must with a toddler).

I had a quick trip into Cow's Mouth Quarry last Saturday and Soloed Visions from the Darkside E5 6b.  This felt like another Lancashire chop route, with the grade reflexing a headpoint feel, not an onsight.  I thought this would be the case, so gave it one quick toppy, the soloed without any pads.  They would not help anyway.  The climbing is very good and worth a look if you are in there for the other E5.
Making the hard starting moves

Today |I had a quick couple of hours a Woodhouse as it was the only place dry local.  I added a new eliminate Angel's Breast font 7b to the Clingen Face.  The aim was to climb on a different part of the crag, but the weather had made it's mark.


Cupping the breasty sloper

No comments: